Friday, March 21, 2008

=(


Well we know for sure now the ice bag trick does help. Henry just had an EXTREMELY violent grand mal. He was convulsing so badly I could hardly even lay a hand on him. Jaw wide open, urine flying everywhere, his body shaking so violent, legs everywhere. Words cant do it justice to describe it to you. My husband wasn't home and I was so stunned I forgot about the ice bag trick at first. I thought to myself that Henry is going to die right now. Then I remembered the ice bag trick, went flying into the kitchen, sent food flying, grabbed the ice bag, shoved it between Henry's lower back and the sofa, and presto, within two seconds he stopped convulsing so violently, but then he went into a new state. He just lied there, still rigid, defeceating, foaming at the mouth, flinching very hard at any little sound, and his eyes looked like he was dead in there. I gave Henry a phenobarb pill, (leftover from several months ago, he's not actually on phenobarbital anymore) It was a scary thing to go through withut my husband, and I had a panic attack shortly after the grand mal was done. My husband is home now, and I have calmed down. (mostly) Henry is resting on the sofa. (see picture above) We will be increasing his meds. This just isn't reasonable and I'm afraid one of these days a seizure really will kill him.

3 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

I'm so sorry. Poor Henry. )o: I hope he's feeling better soon. And {{{HUGS}}} for you too.

Gina ~ Peace, Love, and Homeschool said...

Poor sweet Henry! I do hope he is feeling better. I'm so sorry you had to go through this alone. You are a very sweet, loving, compassionate woman and I would love to meet you one day, Emily. Hugs to you and Henry! Love, Gina in the 'ville from CHF

Emily said...

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Henry was such a clown today when we got home today! It is hard to believe that he had such an extremely violent seizure yesterday. The best way to describe Henry when he is being silly is 'ornery comedian', lol! He's still a puppy at heart when he feels good. =D

We increased his Potassium Bromide. Hopefully that does the trick.