Sunday, July 6, 2008

Veggiegoop


A person who is fostering a greyhound with epilepsy makes his foster grey something called 'Veggiegoop'. He prepares it in a juicer and adds the liquid and pulp back after the juicing process. Here is the veggiegoop recipe:

2 golden apples cored.
2 red apples cored.
2 pints strawberries
2 pints blueberries
2 bunches of carrots
2 heads red headed lettuce
2 heads romaine lettuce
1 head kale
1/2 buch of collard greens
1 bunch parsley
2 inches of ginger root
2 green zuchini
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 yams
1 brocolli head, but not stem so as to avoid gas

I don't have a juicer, but I do have a food processor. The idea behind the veggie goop is the vitamin B, which many epi-pups do benefit from. When I gave Henry raw fish, the thimainase in it caused his vitamin B to plummet, and resulted in a very bad grand-mal that I thought was going to kill him. I'm gonna give this veggie goop a try. I will be adding it to Henry's kibble, Wellness Core Ocean which is a grain free high protein diet. The person who shared this recipe adds it to a home cooked diet.

The vegetables are NOT cooked, they are processed raw, which leaves the vitamins more intact. I've heard veggies should always be cooked for better digestibility, but if were killing the vitamins through cooking, then that's not much good is it?

0 comments: