Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What The Ice Pack Does

This morning, at 6:30am, Henry went into a full blown grand-mal, of mass proportions. Jaw locked open, rattling all over, etc., etc. I ran and got the ice pack, and instantly he changed from the full blown seizure to this stage: (a little graphic, somewhat disturbing, but not too bad)



I have tried to describe before how the ice bag brings him out of the really bad stage, but he isn't actually over it yet. This video shows what I mean. The video may disturb you a little. It does not show the severe part of the sezure, but it does show Henry still in a rather unpleasant state. He stays in that state until he makes his bowel movement, then he gets up and is much better, though may be still a little disoriented. Before we knew of the ice bag trick, Henry was out of it for hours, running at full speed in a panic and bumping full force into things. It's a BIG improvement with the ice pack trick.

EDITING TO ADD: I shared this with the epil k-9 list, and many of them mentioned that the ice pack needs to a be a little higher. I will be trying that next time, and hopefully I will get even better results! Thanks everyone! =)

1 comments:

Stanislaw said...

Poor pup. But how lucky is he to have a mom with ice at the ready and little pillow to clean up his dribble? I'm so amazed at the ice bag trick. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest differences.

I hope he's feeling better!